Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
The Bayern Munich midfielder has suffered a muscle tear and faces four weeks out. He faces a race to return for the Euro 2020 clash with France on 15 June.
Bayern Munich's Bundesliga triumph wasn't all good news. Leon Goretzka picked up an injury in the 6-0 win over Gladbach and it's not looking good. With a month to go before the start of Euro 2020, the midfielder faces a race against the clock to return to full fitness ahead of the tournament.
It's a worrying situation for Germany coach Joachim Löw as Goretzka has suffered a tear to his hamstring which will keep him sidelined for around four weeks. It leaves the 26-year-old midfielder little margin for the Euros. Goretzka is a key member of Die Maanschaft - a first choice under Löw but will struggle to return for the team's opening game against France on 15 June. Germany's campaign will continue with group games against Portugal on 19 June then Hungary on 23 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch