LeBron to sit tonight, eyeing a return on Wednesday in Houston
Los Angeles Laker LeBron James has played just two games since the middle of March, and will sit out tonight's game agianst the New York Knicks.
The Los Angeles Lakers will be without LeBron James for tonight’s game against the New York Knicks. James, coming back from an ankle injury, has eyes on a Wednesday return in Houston.
LeBron practiced yesterday
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said James practiced on Monday, while sensations were good he didn’t confirm the four time champion would return to action tonight.
"We did some drill work. We did some contrived scrimmages and we did a short, full scrimmage," said Vogel "And he did all of it."
LeBron and AD haven't played together since February
The Lakers have assembled a team that is fit for run for a repeat, but their have struggled to keep their stars healthy. Anthony Davis returned to the lineup a little over a week ago, but “The Brow” missed over half the season with a calf injury.
LeBron was out for six weeks before making a brief two game return at the end of April. Tonight will mark the fifth game James has missed since his brief return to the hardwood.
Play-In Tournament looks likley for Lakers
With the Playoffs, and the Play-In Tournment just days away, LA sits in seventh place a game and a half behind the Portland Trail Blazers with four games to go. They have four games to make up the difference and avoid the NBA’s first ever Play-In Tournament.
The 2020 championship banner will be presented to a limited fan base in the Staples Center tonight.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Steelers star T.J. Watt given the all-clear to face Ravens
- NBA Golden State Warriors coach Kerr on San Antonio Spurs defeat
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?