NEYMAR TO GQ
Neymar on becoming one of the best players in the world
Paris Saint-Germain's Brazilian star Neymar gave an interview with GQ magazine sharing his thoughts on growing up to be one of the world's best.
Neymar has been in the news again after renewing his contract with Paris Saint-Germain until 2025. The Brazilian also made the cover of the British version of GQ Style magazine after giving an interview on his life in the global spotlight.
As well as sharing his views on growing up to be one of the best players in the world, he also pointed to some of his footballing idols he enjoyed watching.
Neymar interview with GQ
On growing up playing with Sao Paulo
"It's hard to explain because everything went so quickly. I started playing football and after six months I was already playing on the pitch, being recognised by everyone. I was very famous [but] I always prepared myself for this, because it was my dream since I was very young."
On realising he could be a world beater
"I didn't want to be better than anybody else – I wanted to give the best I could. For instance, one season I scored 30 goals, and the next one I wanted to score 40. I knew that my status was different to others on the team, though.
"I knew that I was better than the other players because I had talent. Thank God for giving me this opportunity to be the best player I can be."
On favourite team or players
"There’s not a team that I like the most, but I’m always watching for individual players. When I was young I loved to watch football because of Zidane, Lampard, Rooney, Beckham – those are the kinds of players I like."
On football in England vs Brazil
"The English created football, but Brazil is the country of football. Everybody plays football when they’re young, whether they become professional or just play with their friends, everyone has that passion.
"It’s an emotional thing for Brazilian people."
Read the full interview by Akala with GQ Style.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?