PSG: Neymar banned for Coupe de France final against Monaco
The France Football Federation has handed Neymar a one-game ban after his yellow card against Montpellier in the semi-finals, ruling him out against Monaco.
Neymar has been ruled out of the Coupe de France final against Monaco at the Stade de France next Wednesday after being handed a one-game suspension by the France Football Federation (FFF) after the Paris Saint-Germain forward picked up a booking against Montpellier in PSG’s penalty shoot-out victory in the semi-finals.
The FFF disciplinary committee convened on Friday to review Neymar’s file and decided to hand out the one-game ban. The punishment is not for accumulation of yellow cards but for a repeated offence, the FFF said.
Neymar banned by FFF for repeat offence
A month ago, Neymar received a two-game ban after squaring up to Lille’s Tiago Djaló during a Ligue 1 game. Although he was only cautioned against Montpellier and not sent off, the federation has stated it decided to issue the ban as it considered Neymar was playing under the threat of a sanction if he was caught up in a similar incident again.
Neymar will not be the only absentee for Mauricio Pochettino’s side on 19 May. PSG vice-captain Presnel Kimpembe will also be unavailable after receiving a three-game ban from the FFF after being sent off against Rennes last weekend in Ligue 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA: Paul George seeking redemption with LA Clippers
- OLYMPIC GAMES Is Naomi Osaka playing at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- UEFA UEFA scraps away-goals rule in European club competitions
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?