PSG settle on Lewandowski to replace Kylian Mbappe
Kylian Mbappé's uncertain future at PSG could lead to the Ligue 1 giants to making a major splash for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.
Kylian Mbappé's reluctance to comit his future to Paris Saint-Germain - despite Neymar doing so with a new deal at the Parc des Princes, leaves the Ligue 1 side's summer plans up in the air.
The big-spending French powerhouse could enter the market to make a splash if the superstar 22-year-old forward exits, with prolific Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski - who equalled Gerd Müller's all time Bundesliga scoring record for a single season on Saturday - emerging as a potential target.
PSG are currently in a Ligue 1 title fight but were knocked out of the Champions League semi-finals by Manchester City after beating Bayern in the previous round.
PSG dreaming of Lewandowski
Tenté par un départ du Bayern Munich, Robert Lewandowski pense au PSG— L'ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) May 15, 2021
Après sept ans au Bayern Munich, le buteur polonais réfléchit à un nouveau challenge cet été. Si le PSG devait se résoudre à vendre Kylian Mbappé, le club pourrait étudier le dossier https://t.co/kUuvUw28UT pic.twitter.com/ldzgDR9ipl
L'Equipe claims that PSG have put Bayern Munich forward Lewandowski firmly on their radar, should Mbappé decide to leave.
Mbappé has been heavily linked with Real Madrid along with Liverpool and Manchester United.
L'Equipe reports that PSG will want to be proactive and land a major signing if Mbappé exits and the Bundesliga top scorer is top of their list, even if Bayern are determined to keep him.
Lewandowski is contracted with Bayern until 2023 although there have been some rumblings about entertaining a move elsewhere.
Zidane to leave Real Madrid?
Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the seasonhttps://t.co/rzBuFKnH0d— AS English (@English_AS) May 16, 2021
- Reports in Spain suggest that Zinedine Zidane has informed his Real Madrid players that he will leave at the end of this season. The Sunday Mirror claims the club are already considering Everton's Carlo Ancelotti and ex-Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri as his replacement.
- Arsenal have joined Manchester City in the race to sign departing Southampton defender Ryan Bertrand reports the Mail on Sunday.
- West Ham are reportedly front of the queue to sign West Brom goalkeeper Sam Johnstone according to Football Insider.
- Bayern Munich are targeting Inter defender Achraf Hakimi according to Mundo Deportivo.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...