99% certain that Koeman will leave Barça claim RAC 1
The disappointing end to the season could be the undoing for the Dutch coach with Laporta eyeing Xavi as a potential successor for the Camp Nou bench.
Local Catalan radio network RAC-1 maintain that Ronald Koeman's time as FC Barcelona head coach is coming to an end and that the Dutchman has failed to secure the confidence of Joan Laporta with the new president anxious to bring in his own man for the 2021/22 season.
Despite winning the Copa del Rey title this year, a disappointing start to the season and a run of poor recent results which have ended the Catalan side's title aspirations have been instrumental in the decision making process for Laporta despite Koeman having another year to run on his contract.
The club are now on the hunt for a replacement with Xavi Hernandez in pole position to make a return to Barça in a coaching capacity. Other names linked with the Barcelona bench are: Jurgen Klopp, Mikel Arteta, Ten Haag and even Jordi Cruyff.
Just last week Joan Laporta and Ronald Koeman met in Barcelona's exclusive Via Veneto restaurant for a meeting where future plans were apparently on the agenda with the fate of the Dutch coach set to be made official next week according to the Catalan radio station.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?