Fulham snatch a point with late equaliser at Manchester United
Edinson Cavani had given the hosts a one-goal lead at Old Trafford but Fulham were allowed back into the game and Joe Bryan levelled late on.
Manchester United were held to a 1-1 home draw by relegated Fulham in their penultimate Premier League match of the season after visiting defender Joe Bryan cancelled out a stunning Edinson Cavani opener on Tuesday.
Fans back at Old Trafford
Cavani netted with a sublime lob from 40 metres in the 15th minute to delight 10,000 home fans at Old Trafford who returned to the stadium for the first time in 14 months as the British government eased Covid-19 lockdown measures.
But United wasted a string of chances to add to their tally and were punished in the 76th minute as Bryan got on the end of Bobby De Cordova-Reid's cross and headed it past goalkeeper David De Gea at the far post. Bruno Fernandes went close for United three times with long-range efforts after Cavani netted while Ademola Lookman and Fabio Carvalho missed gilt-edged chances at the other end before Bryan struck against the run of play.
Wolves on the final day
The result left United second on 71 points from 37 games ahead of their final league match of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday, having stretched their winless run to three games. Fulham, who are at home to Newcastle United in their final match, stayed 18th on 28 points as they picked up only their second point in the last nine league games.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?