PSG: Neymar suspended for the Coupe de France final
The CNOSF turned down PSG's appeal to see the Brazilian's one-match suspension lifted. Kimpembe will also miss the final against Monaco.
Neymar will sit out tonight's Coupe de France final between PSG and AS Monaco at Stade France. The Parisien side had presented an appeal to the CNOSF to overturn the yellow card which the Brazilian was shown in the semi-final against Montpellier, but their case was dismissed.
It means that PSG will be without their star forward against Monaco. A month ago, Neymar saw part of a three-match ban reduced for the red card he received in PSG's meeting with Lille on the condition that kept a clean disciplinary record in the following games. However, he had been on the pitch for just 10 minutes against Montpellier when he was booked for a foul on Savanier. That yellow card meant that he would have to serve a one-match suspension.
Kimpembe ban stands
Presnel Kimpembe will also miss tonight's Cup final. The centre-back was handed a three-game suspension by the LFP for a reckless challenge in the game against Rennes a fortnight ago. PSG also presented an appeal to the CNOSF to get the ban reduced but again, they were unsuccessful. Pochettino will be without two key players against a Monaco side who have beaten PSG twice this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?