Barcelona's Ter Stegen has knee tendon treatment
Barcelona confirmed Marc-Andre ter Stegen has had a "therapeutic procedure" on an injured knee tendon.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen has undergone treatment on a knee injury, Barcelona have announced.
Ter Stegen undergoes tendon treatment
The Germany international has had what Barcelona described as a "therapeutic procedure" on the patellar tendon of his right knee.
Ter Stegen announced on 17 May that he would miss the Euro 2020 finals in order to make a full recovery.
His decision came after Barca's shock home defeat to Celta Vigo meant they could no longer win the LaLiga title.
"I have decided together with the medical team of the club that I will do a complementary intervention on my knee," Ter Stegen said via an Instagram post.
"I'm sad that I will miss Euro 2020 this summer with Germany. For the first time in many years I will be a fan at home supporting my country, I hope we win it!
"After the summer break, when we are back on the pitch I hope to be able to play with fans [in attendance] once again, I miss it!
"Thank you for your support throughout a difficult season and stay healthy!"
Earlier, Barca also announced midfielder Pedri will miss the final match of the season against Eibar on Saturday after being given permission to start his holidays early.
The 18-year-old has played 52 times in all competitions under Ronald Koeman this season, making him the second-youngest in history to reach a half-century of appearances for the club, behind only Bojan Krkic.
Since 2013-14, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic have been the only two other players to have appeared in 50 games in their first campaign at Barca.
100 - Pedri González made 100 touches against Osasuna, becoming the youngest player to reach 100+ touches in a single LaLiga game since at least 2005/06. Omnipresent. pic.twitter.com/cGGgjcAg4b— OptaJose (@OptaJose) March 6, 2021
Pedri has played in all 37 of Barca's previous league games this season, starting 28 times.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?