Müller tells Alaba: "I don't know where you're going but you'll regret it"
The Bayern Munich forward sent Alaba a video to wish him well. On Saturday, he will play his last game for the club: "If we meet on opposite sides, I'll kick your butt!"
David Alaba will bring his time at Bayern Munich to a close later today as he preparing to leave the club where has spent the past decade, winning 27 trophies. Sharing those successes was Thomas Müller, who wanted to thank the Austrian defender and also Jérôme Boateng and Javi Martínez, who will also be moving on at the end of the season. Müller put together a video to wish all three players well in their next ventures.
What the future holds for the Bayern trio isn't yet known, although it is believed that Alaba has agreed terms with Real Madrid, who he is set to join on a free transfer. Nothing official has come out as of yet but Müller has a pretty good idea of where Alaba will be playing next season. "I'm not 100% sure which club it will be - not that it really matters, you'll regret it!" he joked, before following up with more banter, "If we find ourselves on opposite sides, I'll kick your butt".
It looks like Madrid will be Alaba's next destination. His name featured on the club's list of reinforcements for next season. It would be a great bit of business by Madrid, as the defender would join without a transfer fee. Madrid would however be expected to pay the player's father a signing on fee and Alaba would earn the same wages as Sergio Ramos - 12 million euros net per season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United