Mahrez on Champions League final: "It's just a football game for me"
Manchester City's star winger Riyad Mahrez spoke of the highly-anticipated all-English clash with Chelsea in Saturday's Champions League final.
Manchester City's Algerian star Riyad Mahrez opened up about the eagerly-awaited Champions League final against Chelsea. He explained how he keeps himself relaxed ahead of such a big game - arguably the most important of his career.
Mahrez who has been instrumental this season in City's Premier League triumph and played a crucial role in his side's presence in the Champions League final having netted three goals in the two-legged fixture against PSG, gave an online interview to "Goal.com" on the grand finale all football lovers around the world are looking forward to.
“We’re very comfortable to play our game,” he says. “No pressure, just play with personality, that’s it. Of course, you feel some pressure before games but it’s good pressure. You have to turn it into confidence and personality" the 30-year-old said.
Mahrez takes the pressure off
“I wouldn’t say it’s easy but for me it’s okay. I don’t put the pressure in my head - I just play like it’s a normal game. Obviously thinking that it’s a Champions League final but it’s just a football game for me" he added.
City are playing their first-ever Champions League final with Pep Guardiola hoping to claim his first European crown since departing Barcelona back in 2012. Mahrez, who won the Premier League with both Leicester and City, is aiming to do the same.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United