How much money do Man City and Chelsea get for playing Champions League final?
What is the prize fund for the participants in the Champions League, and how much money have City and Chelsea earned just for getting to the final?
Reduced Champions League prize money in 2020/21
While Bayern Munich collected 130 million euros in bonus and broadcast revenue for winning last year’s Champions League, it is expected that Man City and Chelsea will be competing for significantly less prize money in the Champions League final this Saturday.
Extraordinary costs to UEFA have come in hiring Porto’s Estádio do Dragão, operating a covid-secure bubble in Portugal, and paying compensation to the Turkish Football Federation, who missed hosting the final the second consecutive year.
Just from participating in the competition, each club pocketed a base fee worth 15.25 million euros this season.
For each win during the group stage, the clubs were entitled to a 2.7-million-euro fee, and for a draw they got 900,000 euros.
How much Champions League clubs receive per round reached:
Group stage (base fee) - 15.25 million euros
Last 16 - 9.5 million euros
Quarter-finals - 10.5 million euros
Semi-finals - 12 million euros
Final - 15 million euros for the runners-up, 19 million euros for the winners
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?