NBA playoffs 2021
76ers' Embiid departs from Game 4 vs Wizards injured
Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid injured his knee late in the first quarter and was ruled out for the rest of Game 4.
Joel Embiid left Game 4 of the Philadelphia 76ers-Washington Wizards NBA playoff series early due to a right knee injury.
76ers' Embiid awaits MRI and is doubt for Game 5
The Philadelphia star landed awkwardly after driving to the basket for a shot attempt with just under five minutes to play in the first quarter Monday.
Embiid remained in the game until 36.5 seconds remained in the period, then walked up the tunnel to the locker room.
Joel Embiid - right knee soreness - will not return.— Philadelphia 76ers (@sixers) June 1, 2021
He did not return to the court, and the team announced at the start of the second half that he would miss the rest of the game with right knee soreness.
Following the game, 76ers head coach Doc Rivers said Embiid would get an MRI exam Tuesday and his status for Wednesday's Game 5 is unclear.
Philadelphia led by as many as 11 before Embiid's injury, but their fortunes began to fade when he went out and the Wizards took their first lead of the game just before half-time on the way to a 122-114 win.
While Philadelphia have a comfortable 3-1 series edge, they will not want to be without Embiid for an extended period.
Their star made 14 of 18 shots from the field in scoring 36 points in Game 3.
He had eight points and six rebounds before departing Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections