Agüero's huge salary drop after swapping Man City for Barcelona
Argentine striker Sergio 'Kun' Agüero was, understandably, on a mega-cash contract at the Premier League club, but has accepted a big change for Barça move.
Agüero’s huge salary drop
From the 23 million gross that he earned per season at the Premier League champions, to ‘just’ the six million that he will now earn at Barça, the Argentine has clearly accepted that playing football at a place he will feel happy is the right choice.
That said, the 74% drop could be softened based on the variables built into his contract. According to the report, the striker will receive financial bonuses based on the number of games played, titles won, and for doing what he does better than most, scoring goals.
The signing of Agüero, which was conceived during the Barça presidential elections, was completed thanks to the player's willingness to not only take the significant cut in wages, but also to accept that, in principle, he is likely to be used off the bench rather than a starter. Clearly the minutes he plays will be increased if he causes the problems to LaLiga defences like he did in England.
A desire to wear the blaugrana shirt and play alongside compatriot Lionel Messi was a powerful, especially as the two will team up for this summer’s Copa América. Despite previous rumours, only a huge shock now would see the iconic number 10 leave the Camp Nou before next season begins.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections