Real Madrid suggest Arbeloa could join Ancelotti's coaching team
According to 'El Larguero', Arbeloa's name was mentioned to possibly form part of Ancelotti's coaching staff on his return to Real Madrid.
Carlo Ancelotti made his return to Real Madrid this week. At the club, Álvaro Arbeloa's name was put forward as a suggestion to form part of the Italian's coaching staff, El Larguero report. Cadena SER journalist Antón Meana, added that Madrid "did not propose Raúl as an option" to act as assistant to Ancelotti, who brought in his own son in law to work as a nutricionist during his first spell at the club and added that the ex-Everton manager was genuinely delighted to receive a phone call from Madrid: "When Madrid called, Ancelotti said yes straight away. He is very excited at the prospect of working at the club again".
Raúl has been coaching Castilla for the past year and is not entirely sure whether he is ready to make the leap to the first team. The club are also cautious about risking him when he is still in the early stages of his coaching career and learning the trade. Arbeloa meanwhile, in in charge of the Under-14s. He obviously has even less experience than Raúl, but Madrid are keeping all of their options open
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?