Euro 2021: when and where will the final be played?
The delayed European Championship gets underway in Rome with Italy facing Turkey as 24 sides look to be crowned the kings of Europe on 11 July.
The 2020 UEFA European Championships kick-off on 11 June 2021, a year later than planned due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Friday's group A clash between Turkey and Italy at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome will start the ball rolling ahead of a month of top action with 24 sides looking to be crowned champions on 11 July.
For the first time ever there is no single host country, instead the tournament's 51 fixtures will be played across 11 host cities.
The other ten Euro 2020 stadiums are: St Petersburg Stadium, Saint Petersburg (Russia), Parken Stadium, Copenhagen (Denmark), Johan Cruijff Arena, Amsterdam (The Netherlands), National Arena, Bucharest (Romania), Hampden Park, Glasgow (Scotland), Estadio La Cartuja, Seville (Spain), Fußball Arena Munchen, Munich (Germany), and the Puskas Arena, Budapest (Hungary).
The competition has been impacted by the coronavirus crisis which saw UEFA delay the entire tournament through to 2021. Dublin in Ireland was set to host a series of games, but the Irish government were not confident that they could permit fans to attend (a UEFA requisite) and their games were moved to St Petersburg. A similar fate befell Bilbao with the local Basque government uncomfortable about the minimum fan requirement with games scheduled for San Mames switched to Seville.
London's Wembley Stadium will host both semi-final matches and the grand final itself set to take place on 11 July. The action will get underway at 21:00 CEST/ 15: ET.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?