Roland Garros 2021: how much money does the winner get?
Djokovic and Tsitsipas played out a five set thriller in the 2021 final of the French Open, with the winner picking up a cheque for close to $2 million.
Novak Djokovic picks up a cheque for $1.7 million (1.4 million euros) as the winner of the French Open, having beaten Stefanos Tsitsipas in five sets: 6-7, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4
Meanwhile Tsitsipas walks away with $900,000 as the runner up at Roland Garros, helping to dull the pain a little, although only a little, having had a two set lead wrested from him.
Djokovic's win brings his career prize winnings to a mammoth $149.7 million — the most in the history of tennis — according to data from the ATP Tour.
Total prize fund for French Open 2021
The total prize pot for Roland Garros this year stands at $41.6 million, which is divided up as follows in the men's and women's singles:
Winner: $1.7 million
Round of 16: $206,000
Third round: $137,000
Second round: $101,000
First round: $72,000
Grand Slam winner prizes amounts
Roland Garros’ prize money has historically been on a par with the other Grand Slams, with all the tournaments having cut their prize money due to the impact of the coronavirus. Wimbledon was in fact cancelled in 2020, with the players who would have played being paid out of an insurance fund the tournament had organised.
Australian Open 2021: $2.14 million
Wimbledon 2019: $2.95 million
US Open 2020: $3 million
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant