How many Grand Slams has Djokovic won? Roland Garros, Wimbledon, US Open, Australia Open
Djokovic beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in five sets: 6-7, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 to win his second Roland Garros title and take his total Grand Slam wins to 19.
Novak Djokovic came back from two sets down against Stefanos Tsitsipas and win the 2021 French Open: 6-7, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4. That win takes his total Grand Slam wins to 19, just one behind Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, who have both won 20.
Djokovic wins second French Open
Djokovic has now won the French Open twice, this year and in 2016, when he beat Scotland’s Andy Murray 3-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, to complete his career Grand Slam and become the first man since Rod Lavar in 1969 to hold all four major titles at the same time.
Djokovic’s 19 Grand Slam titles
Australian Open: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021 (nine titles)
French Open: 2016, 2021 (two titles)
Wimbledon: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019 (five titles)
US Open: 2011, 2015, 2018 (three titles)
Grand Slam runner up
Djokovic has also been runner up in 10 Grand Slam finals. He's never been runner up in Australia, winning every final he reached.
French Open: 2012, 2014, 2015, 2020
US Open: 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016
Stefanos Tsitsipas titles
Djokovic's opponent in the final on Sunday, Stafanos Tsitsipas, is yet to win a Grand Slam, with the 22-year-old having won 7 ATP titles so far: Stockholm (2018); Nitto ATP FInals, Estoril, Marseille (2019); Marseille (2020); Lyon, ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo (2021).
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?