The line-up of the final Asian World Cup qualifiers is complete
Phase two of the Asian 2022 World Cup qualifiers has come to an end as those teams participating in the 2023 Asian cup have been decided.
The curtain has come down on round two of the Asian fixtures qualifying for the 2023 Asian Cup in China, and the final round of Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers, amidst the presence of 6 Arab national teams.
According to the Asian Football Federation regulations, the eight group winners automatically proceed to the final and decisive phase of the qualifiers in addition to the best five second-placed national teams since the host team Qatar have already guaranteed their spot in the qualifiers' third round as the leader of group E.
The national teams who are through to the final round are; Syria, Australia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Japan, UAE, and Korea republic. They will be joined by Oman, Iraq, Vietnam, Lebanon, and China.
Here are the 2️⃣2️⃣ sides who will be participating in #ACQ2023 🤩👏— #AsianCup2023 (@afcasiancup) June 16, 2021
Meanwhile, 4️⃣ teams will compete in a play-off to secure the 2️⃣ remaining slots for the 24-team tournament! 💪#AsianQualifiers pic.twitter.com/qc7TiHzfLL
Six Arab national teams have made it that far
The final round of the World Cup qualifiers will witness the presence of six Arab national teams as Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Syria have qualified as their group winners whereas Oman, Lebanon, and Iraq have qualified among the best 5 second-placed sides.
The twelve qualified teams will be divided into two groups, where the first and second teams of each group securing their berths in the World Cup while those who finish in third place will be qualified for two-legged playoffs against the fourth-placed in "CONCACAF" qualifiers.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win