Higuaín: "I thought I could play MLS with a cigarette in my mouth"
The Argentine striker is entering his second season in Major League Soccer and he talked about the level of the league during an interview with Bobo TV.
Gonzalo Higuaín is the captain of Inter Miami CF and in the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season he has scored one goal and given two assists in nine appearances. The Argentine striker is entering his second season in MLS and he talked about the level of the league during an interview with Bobo TV.
"This league [MLS] is very tough. I learned quickly that it is similar to Serie A. I think that in Spain and England it is easier to adapt to that style of playing, but in Italy, if you don't know the league you suffer. With the years I have learned many things and I am the kind of striker that likes to give assists," he said.
"In Europe I couldn't find peace outside of football. Giuanligi Buffon once told me that once I didn't feel that fire burning inside of me, that it was time for a change. I thought I could play in MLS with a cigarette in my mouth."
Playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi
"I had the fortune of playing with both of them [Cristiano and Messi]. Their level is so high that you have to adapt to them to be useful and succeed. With Messi and Ronaldo a player easily has three or four options to score goals if they are smart and you understand them. For me it was a privilege," said the captain of Inter Miami.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong