Gattuso leaves Fiorentina just 23 days after being appointed
Fiorentina are on the hunt for a new head coach after Gennaro Gattuso departed less than a month on from his appointment at the Artemio Franchi.
Gennaro Gattuso has left as head coach of Fiorentina just 23 days after being appointed. The Serie A club confirmed on Thursday that the former Napoli boss had stepped down by mutual consent.
"The company immediately set to work to identify a technical choice that will guide the Viola team towards the results that Fiorentina and the city of Florence deserve," they said.
Gattuso, who took the Fiorentina job just two days after leaving Napoli, is reported to have had disagreements over the club's transfer plans.
Fiorentina not keen on Mendes influence
His agent, Jorge Mendes, is said to have proposed signings such as Porto's Sergio Oliveira and Gonçalo Guedes of Valencia, but Fiorentina's management wanted to explore more affordable options.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, former Lyon boss Rudi Garcia, ex-Leicester City coach Claudio Ranieri and Walter Mazzarri, most recently at Torino, are candidates to succeed Gattuso.
Fiorentina finished 13th last season, with just nine victories from 38 league games.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?