AC Milan exercise option to make Tomori signing permanent
Centre-back Fikayo Tomori has enjoyed his spell on loan with Milan and will sign permanently from Chelsea at the start of next month.
AC Milan will sign Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori on a permanent deal on 1 July. The Serie A club have exercised an option to secure the 23-year-old's services until 2025.
Blues academy graduate Tomori has impressed on loan at San Siro during a spell in which he made 22 appearances in all competitions. Milan are reported to have paid £25million to seal the deal, which could rise to £30m depending on performance factors.
"Chelsea is grateful to Fikayo for his contributions at the club, from youth level to men’s first-team squad, and wishes him the very best in his future career," read a statement from the Premier League side.
Tomori, one appearance for England
Tomori, who had 17 top-flight outings during his time at Stamford Bridge, has one England cap to his name.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United