The USMNT unveils their new away kit for the Gold Cup
On Wednesday the United States men’s national team unveiled their new away kit for the 2020 CONCACAF Gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers this year.
The news keeps coming for the United States men’s national team who recently defeated Mexico to win the CONCACAF Nations League trophy earlier this month. On Wednesday the USMNT unveiled their new away kit that they will be using for the upcoming 2020 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament. This new uniform will also be used by the United States Women’s national team in the Tokyo Olympics next month.
Fans didn’t react well to the new uniform
The ‘Stars in Stripes’ read the post of the United States Soccer Federation and it showed a video of Christian Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Tim Weah, Sergiño Dest, Yunus Musah, Carly Lloyd and other American stars wearing the new uniform. The new kit is red and blue and according to Nike it was inspired by a waving American flag.
Also this new uniform is made from at least 75 percent recycled polyester. The United States Women’s national team will be the first ones to wear it when they face Nigeria in Austin, Texas on Wednesday night.
There were a lot of negative comments from fans regarding this new uniform as they were shocked by the new style. “Would look a lot better if I was blind,” wrote a fan on the Instagram post of the USMNT. Another fan wrote that "It would be better if it was a warmup kit," but only jersey sells will tell if it was a hit or not from its designers.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"