Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente
On Saturday it was confirmed that the United States men’s national team striker will sign a four-year contract with the Ligue 1 side.
Negotiations between Barcelona and Olympique Marseille have ended over the transfer of Konrad de la Fuente. The LaLiga side has agreed to sell the United States men’s national team striker to the Ligue 1 club for $3.5 million.
De la Fuente will sign a four-year contract with Marseille, but in the agreement Barça will retain 50 percent of the rights of the 19-year-old. Konrad was a fundamental player for Barcelona B, but didn’t see the minutes he expected in his first season with the first team.
Ready for a new challenge
There is total agreement between Barça and Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente. The American winger's rights will be shared 50-50, and he will play for the French side. [@martinezferran]— barcacentre (@barcacentre) June 19, 2021
Konrad played a total of just 17 minutes with Barcelona's first team under Ronald Koeman - a brief appearance in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League. The USMNT striker leaves Barça after eight seasons and he played in all the categories until he made it to the first team.
With the arrival of Sergio Agüero and Memphis Depay, Konrad was never going to have the opportunity to earn playing time with the first team. His move to Marseille will help him to develop as a player - the move was a petition from Argentine manager Jorge Sampaoli ahead of the 2021/22 Ligue 1 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands