GOLF | US OPEN
How much money does Jon Rahm earn for US Open 2021 win?
The Spanish player saw a happy ending to his recent disappointments and went home with the top prize in San Diego, ahead of
The US Open win earns Jon Rahm a tidy financial boost along with the deserved prestige. The Basque player, who on Sunday became the first Spanish champion of the US major, received the famous trophy - a fairytale ending he said- and also bumped up his prize winnings that are among the highest on the circuit.
Rahm rakes in the US prize money
Rahm's haul from the tournament amounts to $2,250,000 of the $12.5 million that made up the total prize pot. That figure jumps the 26-year old to the top of the circuit earners, with just over $3.8 million this year. South African play Louis Oosthuizen was second in San Diego and for that earned $1,350,000, while the American Harris English took home $861,457 for finishing in third.
As well as Rahm, two other Spaniards, Sergio García and Cabrera Bello, picked up a check too. Cabrera won $29,664 for coming in the top-50 and Garcia $157,646 for ending in 19th position.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?