Christian Pulisic was present at the inauguration of Q2 Stadium
The captain of the United States men’s national team was present at Austin FC's opening game at their new stadium, against San Jose Earthquakes.
Austin FC is one of the expansion teams in Major League Soccer this season and they are making their debut this year. Matthew McConaughey is one of the co-owners of the franchise and he has been the face of the team since day one. Currently they are in tenth place of the Western Conference in MLS with nine points.
Electric stadium opening
On Saturday the team from Texas hosted their first home game at Q2 Stadium, against San Jose Earthquakes. More than 20,000 people arrived to see the inaugural home match and paid tribute to their city and culture during the scoreless draw.
There were many celebrities present on Saturday night for the home opener, like Christian Pulisic, who won the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, and Aaron Stephens, who performed the national anthem on the guitar.
“It was electric tonight,” said Jon Gallagher, who plays for Austin FC. “It was amazing. From every chance, every little pass, every good moment, you could feel them.”
After the game, the manager of the Earthquakes, Matías Almeyda, also commented on how he experienced the inaugural match at the new stadium in MLS. "I want to congratulate the Austin fans. It was a spectacle of football. I enjoyed seeing it and being part of it. I liked the stadium and how the fans supported their team. It was a day of football joy. Long live that football."
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises