Konrad de la Fuente becomes second American set to play in 2021/22 Ligue 1 season
The 19-year-old striker will sign a four-year contract with Olympique de Marseille, joining his compatriot Timothy Weah, who plays for Lille OSC, in Ligue 1.
FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Olympique de Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente. The United States international will sign a four-year contract with the French side and Barcelona will retain 50 percent of his rights.
Second American in Ligue 1
Once the transfer goes through, De la Fuente will have to undergo a medical examination and then he will be presented with Marseille. The 19-year-old will be the one of two Americans to play in Ligue 1 during the 2021/22 season.
Timothy Weah joined Lille OSC in 2019 and his contract expires in June 2024. The United States international striker won the league trophy last season and he scored two goals and gave one assist in six appearances.
De la Fuente expects to get more minutes under manager Jorge Sampaoli and he will be the 13th American to play in the French league. Ilija Mitic, David Regis, Greg Vanney, Quentin Westberg, Freddy Adu, Carlos Bocanegra, Charlie Davies, Alejandro Bedoya, Matt Miazga, Jordan Siebatcheu and Tim Weah are the Americans that have made an appearance in Ligue 1, with Weah being the first USMNT player to win the league title.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series