Matt Turner named MLS Player of Week 8
The New England Revolution goalkeeper made key saves against New York City FC to give his team the victory and the points during the weekend.
The New England Revolution beat New York City FC 3-2 at the weekend during Week 9 of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. Bruce Arena's team are in first place of the Eastern Conference with 20 points from nine games played.
Matt Turner's key saves
Revolution goalkeeper Matt Turner made seven saves during the victory against New York City and was voted the MLS Player of the Week for Week 8. The 26-year-old saved a penalty in the 12th minute of the game, the second one of his career, when the score was 0-0.
Later in the game, the Revs took a 3-2 lead with Tommy McNamara scoring the winner on 88 minutes. From that point on, Turner made sure to give his team the victory and after saving a free-kick from NYCFC’s Maxi Moralez in stoppage time.
The keeper was credited with the Revs victory to retain the first place and won his first Player of the Week award of his career. New England has a tight schedule ahead and they will return to action at home on 23 June against the NY Red Bulls.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots