Christian Ramírez set to join Scottish club Aberdeen FC
According to multiple reports the United States striker is heading to Scotland this summer after not seeing enough minutes with Houston Dynamo this season.
Christian Ramírez has scored one goal in six league appearances across a total of 89 minutes with Houston Dynamo this season. The United States striker is not seeing the pitchtime that he wanted and he could be heading to Scotland this summer.
Ramírez wants a change
According to multiple reports, the Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen is keen on signing Ramírez during the summer transfer window. Houston has multiple options in offense and the 30-year-old usually comes off the bench during the final few minutes of the matches and he is said to be ready for a change.
The manager of Aberdeen FC, Stephen Glass, knows Ramírez very well as he was the interim manager of Atlanta United last season. Glass even tried to sign Ramírez for the ‘Five Stripes’ after the injury to Josef Martínez, but negotiations fell apart with the Dynamo.
Now he is aware of Ramírez’s situation at Houston and he is keen on signing him for the 2021/22 Scottish Premiership season. If the American striker wants to accept the offer to play in Europe, he would have to take a paycut. Currently he earned $1 million per-season with the Dynamo.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes