LA Galaxy: Jonathan dos Santos set to return against Vancouver
The Los Angeles Galaxy captain has been battling with injuries this season and didn’t play in the team’s 2-1 loss against Seattle last weekend.
Jonathan dos Santos has been battling with a groin injury all year and has been forced to miss several games with the Los Angeles Galaxy and the Mexico national team. The 31-year-old missed the CONCACAF Nations League finals with ‘El Tri’ and this weekend sat out the Galaxy's 2-1 loss against the Seattle Sounders in week eight of the 2021 MLS season.
Made the trip to Vancouver
Dos Santos has been dealing with this groin injury since early last year and up until now he has been out for a total of 51 days and has missed 11 games. This season he has started in seven matches, but due to the ongoing injury he has only gone the full 90 minutes in three of them.
After missing his first game of the campaign last weekend, the LA Galaxy boss Greg Vanney included Dos Santos in the roster that flew today to Utah to face Vancouver on 23 June. It is expected that the Mexican international will come on as a substitute as he hasn’t reached full fitness after the injury he suffered before the international break.
What's more, the LA Galaxy has two games this week and Vanney wants to manage Dos Santos' minutes in a short period of time. Wednesday’s game is scheduled to be played at the Rio TInto stadium due to the coronavirus restrictions between Canada and the United States.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises