Getafe boss Míchel keen on signing Chivas striker ‘JJ’ Macías
According to beIN Sports, the Mexican international could arrive in LaLiga during the summer transfer window at the request of the Spanish manager.
Chivas could lose their best striker for the upcoming 2021 Apertura tournament, because José Juan Macías could be transferred to Getafe this summer. According to beIN Sports, the Mexican international could arrive in LaLiga during this transfer window at the express request of Spanish manager Míchel González.
‘JJ’ Macías could become second Mexican to play in Getafe
If the transfer goes through, ‘JJ’ Macías could become the second Mexican to play in Getafe, with Oswaldo Alanís being the first one during the 2018 LaLiga season. The 21-year-old striker has been linked to a move to Europe for some time now and he scored five goals in 15 appearances last tournament. According to transfermarkt, his current value is $11 million.
Míchel is very knowledgeable with the Liga MX since he managed Pumas UNAM from 2019 to 2020. The Spanish manager had to resign from office on 23 July 2020 due to personal and family issues, but his team played against Macías during his time at Club Universidad Nacional.
Currently ‘JJ’ Macías is in camp with the Mexican national team, because he will be included in the final roster that is going to be participating in the Tokyo Olympic games next month. A good performance in this tournament could open many doors for Macías in Europe, besides Getafe.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 4 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles wins seventh career Olympic medal in Tokyo
- Tokyo Olympics: Biles will cherish beam bronze for a long time
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How many people will lose unemployment benefits in September?
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station