NBA playoffs 2021: Paul cleared to play Game 3, Clippers' Kawhi ruled out again
Chris Paul should make his return against the Los Angeles Clippers, who won't have Kawhi Leonard for Game 3 in the NBA playoffs.
Phoenix Suns' Chris Paul has been cleared to play Game 3 of their Western Conference Finals series against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday after passing a cardio exam, while Kawhi Leonard has been ruled out.
Paul has missed the opening two games of the Conference Finals series, which the second-seeded Suns claimed in Arizona, having been placed in the NBA's health and safety protocols.
Suns star Paul, 36, entered the protocols last Wednesday and is understood to be asymptomatic, having previously tested positive for coronavirus.
Paul has averaged 15.7 points, 8.7 assists and 4.1 rebounds per game this postseason.
Leonard not ready yet
Meanwhile, the Clippers confirmed star forward Kawhi Leonard will not play in Game 3 due to a sprained right knee sustained on June 14.
Leonard will miss his fifth consecutive game because of the injury.
In the Western Conference semi-finals, the Clippers won both Game 5 and 6 against top seeds the Utah Jazz without Leonard after suffering the injury late in Game 4.
Health Update | Game 3:— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) June 24, 2021
Abdel Nader: Right Knee Arthroscopy - OUT
Chris Paul: Health and Safety Protocols - PROBABLE
Leonard has averaged 30.4 points, 4.4 assists and 7.7 rebounds per game in this season's NBA playoffs.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August