Insigne responds to Lazio rumours amid Barça and Atlético Madrid links
As Italy prepare for their Euro 2020 Last 16 meeting with Austria, Lorenzo Insigne was asked about his future and links to Lazio, Barcelona and Atlético.
Lorenzo Insigne dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Serie A rivals Lazio amid doubts over his Napoli future. Insigne is entering the final year of his contract and the captain is yet to re-sign with boyhood club Napoli, where he emerged from the youth team in 2010.
Several clubs linked to Insigne
The Italy star has been linked with LaLiga clubs Barcelona and Atlético Madrid, while Liverpool and AC Milan have previously emerged as possible destinations. Insigne was asked about his future, with reports claiming Italy team-mate Ciro Immobile is trying to lure the 30-year-old to Lazio.
"This rumour came out that Immobile is acting as sporting director to bring me to Lazio, but it's not true," Insigne said as Italy prepare for Saturday's Euro 2020 Last 16 clash with Austria. "He didn't tell me anything about it. We're friends, we're going on vacation together, but we haven't talked about that. I am only thinking of playing the European Championship, afterwards there is time to talk to the club. As for my career, I have no regrets. What I always dreamed of was playing for Napoli and wearing the armband. My two dreams have come true and therefore I am not happy, but overjoyed."
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys