Chicharito guides Galaxy to away win against Vancouver
The Mexico international scored his eighth goal of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season in the LA Galaxy’s 2-1 victory against Vancouver.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández ended his three game scoring drought against Vancouver Whitecaps at the Rio Tinto stadium on Wednesday night. The Mexico international received a low cross from Sebastian Lletget in the 47th minute to score the opener for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
‘Chicharito’, the top scorer in MLS
Earlier this week, Hernández found himself left out of the Mexico squad for next month's Gold Cup. He replied to that by scoring his eighth goal of the season. He played the full 90 minutes and was the captain of the Galaxy for the meeting with Vancouver.
Efraín Álvarez seals win
The game ended in dramatic fashion with two goals in stoppage time. Janio Bikel equalised for Vancouver in the 92nd minute. Just when it seemed that both teams were going to share the points, Efraín Álvarez struck the ball from inside the box to find the back of the net.
The Galaxy No 26 sealed a 2-1 victory to earn his side all three points and make up for last weekend's home defeat to Seattle. Next, the team will travel to San Jose, California to face the Earthquakes on 26 June at the Avaya stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother