Alan Pulido could miss the Gold Cup tournament with Mexico
The Mexican striker suffered a severe injury during Sporting Kansas City’s 2-1 victory against the Los Angeles FC during week nine of the 2021 MLS season.
Alan Pulido has scored six goals and given one assist in 10 league appearances during the start of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. His latest goal came in Sporting Kansas City’s 2-1 victory against the Los Angeles FC during week nine.
Set off alarms with a severe injury
After the match it was reported that Pulido suffered a cut near his right ankle after he tried to take a shot from outside the box and hit the studs of a defender from LAFC. The Mexican striker had to be replaced in the 76th minute, because he couldn’t step on his right foot.
Pulido has some stitches and he should be able to recover in the next few weeks, but he could miss the Gold Cup tournament with the Mexico national team. The CONCACAF event starts on 10 July and he is one of the strikers that was going to be included in the final roster for the tournament.
‘Chicharito’ on the radar of ‘El Tri’
According to TUDN, if Pulido is not able to recover on time, the head coach of the Mexican national team might call Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández for the 2021 Gold Cup tournament. The LA Galaxy striker was included in the 60-player preliminary list, but was left out for ‘El Tri’s’ warm-up games prior to the start of the CONCACAF tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds