Javier 'Chicharito' Hernández named MLS Player of the Week
The Mexican international was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for the third time this season after his brace against the Earthquakes.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández is making a statement with his brilliant performances in the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season. The Mexican international was voted Player of the Week for week 10 after scoring a brace in the LA Galaxy’s 3-1 victory against the San Jose Earthquakes last Saturday.
In the 11th minute against San Jose, 'Chicharito’ received the ball in midfield with his back to goal before hitting a long pass to send Samuel Grandsir down the right side. Hernández then arrived in the box with a late run to volley the incoming cross past the goalkeeper.
The second goal came in the second half from the left flank. Kévin Cabral sent a low cross to Hernández, who used his right foot to beat the goalkeeper at his near post to find the back of the net. Now the LA Galaxy will have a week to rest before hosting Sporting KC on 4 July at Dignity Health Sports Park.
Third award this season
This is the third time this season that the Mexican international has won this award and he is the first player in the league to reach double digits in the race for the 2021 golden boot. ‘Chicharito’ has scored 10 goals and given one assist in 10 league appearances this season. The Galaxy’s No 14 is the second player in the history of Major League Soccer to reach double digits in the opening 10 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother