Sebastián Soto joins FC Porto on loan
Norwich City have reached a deal with the Portuguese side for the loan of The United States men’s international team striker for next season.
Sebastian Soto is one of the young talents from the United States men’s national team. He showed a lot of progress last season with SC Telstar in Netherlands' second tier. The American striker scored seven goals in 12 league appearances.
First shot at a top tier team in Europe
His loan-deal ended with Telstar and Soto was set to return to Norwich City since he has a contract with the English side until June 2023. Soto’s performances with Telstar awoke the interest of FC Porto, who wanted to sign him for the new season.
After weeks of negotiations, the Portuguese side has reached an agreement for the loan of Sebastian Soto that according to reports the deal includes a 1 million euro buy option. The USMNT striker has yet to make his debut with Norwich since arriving in the summer of 2020, but the bosses are ready to let him go for the right fee.
According to Maisfutebol, FC Porto want Soto to establish himself with the ‘B’ team, but he will be training with the senior squad. The 20-year-old is set to arrive in Portugal on Wednesday so he can undergo a medical examination and be formally presented.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future