USMNT goalkeeper Horvarth could join Huddersfield Town this summer
The United States goalkeeper, who blocked Mexico’s penalty kick in the 124th minute to give his team the Nations League trophy, could switch teams this summer.
Ethan Horvath became the latest United States men’s national team hero after he blocked Mexico’s Andrés Guardado’s penalty kick in the 124th minute to give his team the CONCACAF Nations League trophy last month. He came on as a substitute in the second half, replacing injured starting goalkeeper Zach Steffen, and that save changed his life.
ETHAN HORVATH DENIES MEXICO A CHANCE TO EQUALIZE 👊 pic.twitter.com/N4AXjqGZ0s— CBS Sports Golazo (@CBSSportsGolazo) June 7, 2021
On his way to the Championship
The summer transfer window is open and the 26-year-old goalkeeper has been linked to several clubs in Europe in the past few weeks. He is currently under contract with Belgian side Club Brugge KV, but he has been serving as understudy to Simon Mignolet since 2019.
According to VoetbalPrimeur, the United States men’s national team goalkeeper has a serious offer from Huddersfield Town to play in the English Championship for the 2021/22 season. If the negotiations go through, Horvath would join his compatriot Duane Holmes in England’s second-tier league.
Horvath only made one appearance last season with Club Brugge KV and it was in the Europa League on 20 October 2020, against Zenit in the group stage. He started the game and went the full 90 minutes in his team’s 2-1 victory.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team