USMNT goalkeeper Horvarth could join Huddersfield Town this summer
The United States goalkeeper, who blocked Mexico’s penalty kick in the 124th minute to give his team the Nations League trophy, could switch teams this summer.
Ethan Horvath became the latest United States men’s national team hero after he blocked Mexico’s Andrés Guardado’s penalty kick in the 124th minute to give his team the CONCACAF Nations League trophy last month. He came on as a substitute in the second half, replacing injured starting goalkeeper Zach Steffen, and that save changed his life.
ETHAN HORVATH DENIES MEXICO A CHANCE TO EQUALIZE 👊 pic.twitter.com/N4AXjqGZ0s— CBS Sports Golazo (@CBSSportsGolazo) June 7, 2021
On his way to the Championship
The summer transfer window is open and the 26-year-old goalkeeper has been linked to several clubs in Europe in the past few weeks. He is currently under contract with Belgian side Club Brugge KV, but he has been serving as understudy to Simon Mignolet since 2019.
According to VoetbalPrimeur, the United States men’s national team goalkeeper has a serious offer from Huddersfield Town to play in the English Championship for the 2021/22 season. If the negotiations go through, Horvath would join his compatriot Duane Holmes in England’s second-tier league.
Horvath only made one appearance last season with Club Brugge KV and it was in the Europa League on 20 October 2020, against Zenit in the group stage. He started the game and went the full 90 minutes in his team’s 2-1 victory.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades