Getafe snap up José Juan Macías
LaLiga side Getafe have confirmed the signing of the Mexican international striker from Chivas and he will be introduced on Wednesday.
José Juan Macías will start his European adventure with Getafe CF for the upcoming 2021/22 LaLiga season, the Liga side has announced. The Mexican international traveled to Madrid at the weekend to complete his move and he will be officially unveiled on Wednesday.
Chivas wishes Macías best of luck
“Macías has always been an important player for Chivas, a team who boosts the development of young players from its youth academy. His dream was to play in Europe and now we hope he stays there for a long time,” read a statement from Chivas.
The 21-year-old will spend the season on loan at the Coliseum with an option to make the move permanent depending on his performances with the LaLiga side. Macías had been ruled out of Mexico's recent friendlies and the Olympic Games because of a muscle tear injury and he will continue his recovery at Getafe.
Chivas has sent a total of 12 players to Europe since Jorge Vergara took over the club in 2002 and nine of these have come through the youth academy. Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández, Carlos Salcido and Carlos Vela are among the Chivas’ academy players to sign for a European club in the last 19 years.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22