LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
Los Angeles FC defeated Austin 2-0 in week 12 of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season to get their second away victory of the campaign.
Los Angeles FC had a rocky start to the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season and they were having a hard time winning away from the Banc of California stadium. The Black & Gold obtained their first road win of the season after defeating Real Salt Lake 1-0 last Saturday at the Rio Tinto stadium.
Second victory away from Los Angeles
That victory was a confidence boost ahead of their second back-to-back road game in less than three days. The LAFC visited Austin FC for week 12 of the MLS season and they managed to obtain the points with a 2-0 win at the Q2 stadium.
Traditionally the Los Angeles FC plays with a 4-3-3, but since the team is having a hard time on the road, the manager Bob Bradley decided to play with a 3-4-1-2, with Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi leading the attack. The change in formation worked like a clock for Bradley because in the 39th minute José Cifuentes scored the game opener.
The Black & Gold came back strong in the second half because in the 89th minute Carlos Vela assisted Diego Rossi, who scored the second and final goal of the match. This was the fourth assist for the Mexican international in the current season. LAFC has won 2 out of their 5 away games this campaign and they sit in fifth place with 18 points in the Western Conference.
Another clean sheet for keeper Tomás Romero
Tomás Romero made his fourth career start in Major League Soccer and the goalkeeper was able to keep his third clean sheet. The LAFC had another good game with six blocks in the team’s 2-0 victory against Austin FC. The next game for the Black & Gold will be at home against Real Salt Lake on 17 July.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption