Valencia eye Atlético Madrid midfielder Héctor Herrera
Valencia manager José Bordalás has asked for the Mexican midfielder for the 2021/22 LaLiga season.
Héctor Herrera arrived at Atlético Madrid in 2019 and his contract expires in the summer of 2022. The Mexican midfielder has been mainly used as a substitute for Argentinean manager Diego Simeone and in 21 games across all competitions last season he gave two assists in a total of 978 minutes.
Looking for more minutes in LaLiga
The former Porto captain is looking for more minutes and before his contract expires with Atlétiico, he could switch teams during the summer transfer window. According to Tribuna VFC, Valencia’s manager, José Bordalás, wants the Mexican midfielder in his team for the 2021/22 campaign.
According to Transfermarkt, Los Che have to pay around $7 million to ‘Los Colchoneros’ for the Mexican international. The only problem is the financial crisis the Mestalla outfit are suffering due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Valencia are keen on signing Herrera, so they could negotiate a deal with Atlético Madrid to bring him to Mestalla in the next few weeks. He is currently with the Mexico national team and will play the first game of the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament against Trinidad and Tobago in Matchday 1 of Group A.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future