Alphonso Davies ruled out for Canada for the 2021 Gold Cup
The Bayern Munich full-back was one of the biggest stars to participate in the CONCACAF tournament, but due to an injury he was ruled out of the campaign.
The Canada national team will make their debut in the 2021 Gold Cup tournament tomorrow against Martinique for matchday 1 of Group B. Prior to the start of the campaign, The Reds announced that Alphonso Davies will not recover in time from his ankle injury and he will miss the tournament.
Injury report for Canada
Davies suffered an ankle injury in training earlier this week and he tried to do everything he could to recover in time. Now the 20-year-old will return to Bayern Munich to begin his recovery process and prepare for the start of the Bundesliga season.
This will be a tough loss for the Canadian national team, because Davies was the most influential player in their roster for the campaign. Another player that had to be dropped before the opening match is Jonathan David.
The Canadian striker didn’t receive the permission for Ligue 1 club Lille OSC to participate in the Gold Cup, even though it is a FIFA event. They want to have Jonathan David in top form because they will be participating in the Champions League as well as defend the league title they won last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots