Suns 100-120 Bucks: Budenholzer lauds Antetokounmpo mindset
Milwaukee Bucks head coach Mike Budenholzer was full of praise for Giannis Antetokounmpo's performance in Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Sunday.
Mike Budenholzer praised the "aggressive mindset" shown by Giannis Antetokounmpo after the Greek led the Milwaukee Bucks to victory in Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
Antetokounmpo on fire as Bucks cut Suns' NBA Finals lead
Antetokounmpo posted 41 points to see the Bucks past the Phoenix Suns 120-100 on Sunday, becoming the first player to score 40-plus points in back-to-back NBA Finals games since LeBron James in 2016.
The win was crucial for the Bucks, who now trail the Suns 2-1, and head coach Budenholzer lauded Antetokounmpo's performance.
"He just did a little bit of everything"
"He's just doing whatever it takes to help his team, to help us. He's in an aggressive mindset. He always plays that way," he told a news conference.
"But I thought he played with the pass well. He made some great reads, found guys, played against the zone.
"He just did a little bit of everything. Offensive boards, putbacks. We need a lot from him and that's what he does."
Giannis TAKES OVER in Game 3!— NBA (@NBA) July 12, 2021
13-17 FTM@Giannis_An34 joins @SHAQ as the only players in #NBAFinals history with back-to-back 40+ point, 10+ rebound games, as the Bucks win Game 3! #ThatsGame
Game 4: Wed, 9 PM ET, ABC pic.twitter.com/lIazIIZbAo
While Antetokounmpo starred, the Bucks also had Jrue Holiday (21), Khris Middleton (18), Brook Lopez (11) and Bobby Portis (11) in double digits for points.
Antetokounmpo also finished with 13 rebounds and six assists and Budenholzer said the star's ability to bring his team-mates into games was crucial.
"I think that's when we are at our best, when Giannis is at his best, it's a little bit of both," he said. "He's a great playmaker, screener, passer and he does so many great things.
"I think when he's conscious of doing a little bit of everything, he's very capable and that's when he's at his best."
Game 4 of the series is in Milwaukee on Wednesday.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?