Haaland: Chelsea free up funds and players for Dortmund star
Three players will be sold as Chelsea aim to raise the funds required to land Erling Haaland, Thomas Tuchel's primary target this summer.
Chelsea may have been European champions in 2021, but they have not won the Premier League since 2017 and Blues owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly ready to loosen the purse strings to end their league title wait.
Chelsea have been linked with several big-name signings this off-season.
Chelsea prepared to offer big money for Haaland
Chelsea are ready to ramp up their bid to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland now Euro 2020 is over.
Bild reports Abramovich has released the funds required to lure Haaland to London following an impressive 18 months in Germany.
Dortmund have reportedly told Chelsea it will take £150m (€176m) to sign the Norwegian, and Chelsea may sell Callum Hudson-Odoi, Hakim Ziyech and Tammy Abraham to fund the move.
Griezmann and Haaland at Stamford Bridge?
AS Roma are interested in Alex Telles as potential new left back. Roma want him on loan to replace Spinazzola, Manchester United have no intention to accept a loan as of today. #ASRoma @DiMarzio— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 13, 2021
Deal now considered ‘complicated’ as of today - Roma will try in the next days.
- Daily Express reports Chelsea are making plans to sign Antoine Griezmann on loan from Barcelona, with the Blaugrana attempting to reduce their wage bill in line with LaLiga salary cap rules.
- Tottenham have set their sights on Southampton forward Danny Ings, making him a priority, claims The Telegraph. Manchester City are also apparently interested.
- Another Barcelona player potentially on the move is Clément Lenglet. According to Sport, new Everton manager Rafa Benítez wants to build his defence around the France international.
- Monaco left-back Fode Ballo-Touré is close to signing with Milan, having already agree personal terms, according to Fabrizio Romano.
- Fabrizio Romano also claims Roma are interested in signing Alex Telles on loan from Manchester United to replace the injured Leonardo Spinazzola.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future