OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING
What swimming events does 2021 Tokyo Olympian Katie Ledecky participate in? Dates and times
Breakdown of the competition program and schedule from one of the most successful American female swimming freestyle specialists at the Olympic Games.
The newly constructed Tokyo Aquatics Centre at the Tatsumi-no-Mori Seaside Park will host most of the Aquatics competitions during the Tokyo Olympic Games. Undoubtedly the most anticipated will be the ones in the swimming events. The start of the swimming sessions will be on July 24th, with the men's competitors in the 400m medley having the honor to open the competitions officially.
Olympic Games news:
Ledecky to shine at 2021 Olympics
Out of the many stars who will take part in the events, one name stands out, and it is the one of Katie Ledecky. Ledecky broke onto the Olympic scene in 2012 when she was just 15 years old, where she almost unexpectedly won the gold medal in the women's 800-meter freestyle. That clearly showed the World the incredible talent she has. Since then,
Ledecky won five Olympic gold medals and 15 world championship gold medals, the most in history for a female swimmer.
She is the world record holder in the women's 400m, 800m, and 1500m freestyle events.
After her Olympic participation at London and Rio, Ledecky is heading to Tokyo as Team USA's best female swimmer. There is tremendous pressure coming from the American public that will la on the shoulders of Ledecky going into the Tokyo Olympics; hence she is not new to the pressure of competing at the Summer Games.
Katie Ledecky is competing in the most number of events in all of Team USA's swimming roster. Since the 24-year-old Stanford graduate is a freestyle specialist, she will take part in the 200m free, 400m free, 800m free, 1500m free at the Tokyo Olympics 2021. It is worth mentioning that she won Olympic gold in all of the events mentioned above except for the 1500m free. This event will make its debut at the Tokyo Olympics 2021, and Ledecky is expected to outshine her competitors and take gold in his taxing race as well.
Competition date and times:
- July 25th 400m freestyle heats 7:40 am EST
- July 25th 400m freestyle final 10:20 pm EST
- July 26th 200m freestyle heats 6:00 am EST
- July 26th 200m freestyle semi-final 9:30 pm EST
- July 27th 200m freestyle final 9:41 pm EST
- July 27th, 1500m freestyle final 10:54 pm EST
- July 28th 4 x 200m relay heat 7:34 am EST
- July 28th 4 x 200m relay final 11:31 pm EST
- July 29th 800m freestyle heats 6:02 am EST
- July 30th 800m freestyle final 9:46 pm EST
Besides being part of the 4 x 200m relay, Katie Ledecky will have a chance to win four individual gold medals at Tokyo Olympics. If Ledecky succeeds, it will still not be the best Olympic performance ever, which stands since 1988 and the Seoul Olympics, when East German Kristin Otto won fantastic six Olympic golds.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22