Ramos made to wait for PSG debut
L'Équipe reports that, contrary to expectations, the veteran defender will not make his PSG debut on Wednesday. Pochettino has not called him up for club friendly.
New PSG player Sergio Ramos will have to wait to make his debut for the French club. The 35-year-old, who had been carrying knock that had prevented him from making his debut with PSG, has not been called up by Mauricio Pochettino to face Augsburg on Wednesday, in what will be the Parisians' third summer friendly. Ramos' absence, reported by L'Équipe, was not expected.
Too early for Ramos
"The former Real Madrid player takes part in training with his team-mates, but his debut is still considered too early and precaution is the order of the day for him, due to the injuries that marred his previous season," reports the French daily. However, this does not prevent the first questions from being raised about him. These physical problems prevented Ramos from taking part in the recent European Championship with Spain and in Paris, with Pochettino at the helm, they don't want to hear about potential relapses, which is why they are being as cautious as possible.
Ramos will not be the only absentee from the squad against Augsburg, with Ander Herrera and new signing Achraf Hakimi also missing from the Argentine coach's squad. The Spanish-Moroccan full-back already made his debut against Le Mans, with a few trademark moves from wing-back and an assist.
Icardi, Keylor Navas, Julian Draxler, Idrissa Gueye and Thilo Kehrer will once again be the only first-team players available to Pochettino. Promising youngsters Gharbi and Xavi Simons will get game-time to shine. Although there are certainly more than a few PSG fans who are starting to get impatient about Ramos' debut.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest