When do the Tokyo Olympics 2021 end? When is the closing ceremony?
Check out the date of the closing ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. 8 August will be the last day of competition and the new Olympiad will begin.
When do the Tokyo Olympics end?
The Tokyo Olympic Games begin on Friday 23 July. During the following weeks, all athletes will work to earn a medal for their country. Each sport has a different schedule during these weeks, but the closing date of the Olympics is 8 August. The day of the closing ceremony marks the end of the 2021 Olympic competitions in Japan.
Where and at what time will the closing ceremony take place?
The closing ceremony of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games is on 8 August at 8pm local time (7am ET). The closing ceremony will be at the Tokyo Olympic Stadium, and due to coronavirus, there will be no fans in the stands.
This closing ceremony is a celebration that has always been held to mark the end of the Olympic Games and the start of the Olympiad until the next Games in Paris 2024.
During the closing ceremony, hosts will extinguish the Olympic flame in the Olympic Stadium in Tokyo and the Olympic torch will begin a journey around the world until it arrives in Paris in three years.
What will the last competition be at the Olympics?
8 August is the closing ceremony, but there are also sports events scheduled for the day before at 8pm (7am ET). The sports competitions on 8 August will be the last we can see in Tokyo and they will be the following:
- 7am local time (6pm ET on 7 August): men's marathon.
- 9am local time (8pm ET on 7 August): match for the third and fourth place in women's volleyball.
- Starting at 10am local time (9pm ET on 7 August): track cycling events.
- 11am local time (10pm ET on 7 August): end of the women's rhythmic gymnastics team competition.
- 11am (10pm ET on 7 August): match for the third and fourth place in women's handball
- 11:30am local time (10:30pm ET on 7 August): women's basketball final.
- 1:30pm local time (12:30am ET): women's volleyball final.
- 1:40pm local time (12:40am ET): match for the third and fourth place in men's water polo.
- 2pm local time (1am ET): men's boxing finals of 57 - 63 kg and + 91 kg and women's boxing of 57 - 60 kg and 69 - 75 kg.
- 3pm local time (2am ET): women's handball final.
- 4:30pm local time (3:30am ET): men's water polo final.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest