How many Olympic medals has Megan Rapinoe won?
The 36-year-old will be hoping to add a Tokyo Olympic Gold to her collection as the USWNT face Netherlands in the quarter-final of the women's soccer competition.
Everything points to Tokyo being Megan Rapinoe's Olympic swansong with the OL Reign player set to be 39 when the Paris Games come around in 2024.
Rapinoe will be looking to add to her Olympic medal collection but pre-tournament favorites have looked less than impressive in their group stage games with a 3-0 defeat to Sweden ringing alarm bells for USWNT fans. A solid 6-1 win over New Zealand and a 0-0 draw were enough for the US to advance to the quarter-final stage where they will face Netherlands in the next round. The game will go ahead in Yokohama on 30 July with Brazil or Canada lying in wait in a potential semi-final.
The stage is set 🔥— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) July 29, 2021
🇺🇸 vs. 🇳🇱 // Friday // 7am ET pic.twitter.com/l6CQjCTzSF
Rapinoe Olympic gold medals
Despite having won two FIFA World Cup winners medals (2015 and 2019), the Californian born player has just one Olympic medal in her collection with the London 2012 win over Japan her sole Olympic glory.
A Tokyo gold would be a fitting way to end her career as an Olympian with Rapinoe anxious to add to her personal haul of honours that included the FIFA 'Best' 2019 award and her 2019 FIFA Golden Boot.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises