Tanner Tessmann makes Serie A debut with Venezia
The young American made his debut during the opening weekend in the Serie A coming in as a substitute in Venezia’s 2-0 defeat against Napoli.
Many young Americans have made the jump to Europe’s top leagues in recent years and one of those players is Tanner Tessmann. FC Dallas transferred the 19-year-old to Serie A side Venezia in early July after making 26 appearances in MLS during the 2020 campaign.
Serie A debut
On Sunday, Venezia played their 2021/22 Serie A season opener against Napoli at the Diego Armando Maradona stadium. The game was level at 0-0 and Tessmann was sent on in the 63rd minute.
Tanner Tessmann replaces Luca Fiordilino in midfield. Arnór Sigurðsson comes on for Francesco Di Mariano in attack.— Venezia FC (@VeneziaFC_EN) August 22, 2021
64' | Napoli 1-0 Venezia#NapoliVenezia
The former MLS player replaced Luca Fiordilino in midfield, but little could he do to help his team to a result even though they had an extra player after Victor Osimhem received a red card in the 23rd minute. The home team would go on to win 2-0 with Lorenzo Insigne and Elif Elmas scoring the goals for Napoli.
It is important for the teenager to start seeing some minutes in Serie A and it seems that the manager of Venezia, Paolo Zanetti, trusts the former FC Dallas midfielder and likes the work he has put in during pre-season. Tessmann could make his second appearance when they visit Udinese on 27 August.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues