Chelsea handed Monday Koundé ultimatum, Man Utd's Trippier move stalls
Sevilla have bumped up their asking price for Jules Kounde, putting pressure on Chelsea to make their move.
Chelsea have been linked with Sevilla's French defender Jules Koundé throughout the off-season.
The 22-year-old centre-back did not play for Sevilla at the weekend and reportedly wants to exit the club.
Koundé would be Chelsea's second major signing behind Romelu Lukaku, as the transfer window closure approaches.
Top story – Chelsea facing Monday ultimatum on Koundé
Chelsea's drawn-out pursuit of Sevilla's Jules Koundé has hit another speed bump with the Spanish club issuing the Blues an ultimatum, AS understands.
Sevilla have told Chelsea if they do not submit a suitable offer on Monday, then they have to meet Kounde's €80 million (£68m) release clause.
Chelsea have not tabled a firm bid for Kounde beyond €50m, while the LaLiga outfit had reportedly previously wanted €60-70m.
- The Star reports that Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at Manchester United will force Dan James out, with Everton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Leeds United and Crystal Palace all in the running for the Welsh winger.
- Manchester United are unlikely to move for Atlético Madrid full-back and long-term target Kieran Trippier reports the Manchester Evening News. United's capture of Ronaldo means their transfer business is over.
- Sport reports that Juventus are ready to make one final effort to sign Miralem Pjanic back from Barcelona. Juve are willing to take Pjanic on loan, with the midfielder out of favour at Barca.
- Aston Villa are set to table a £15m bid for Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones according to the Express. The Villans are eager to strengthen having missed out on Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass